Greater Sydney as of 6pm Saturday 26 June 2021 is subject to a stay at home order. This direction applies to those who live, work or attend tertiary education in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour local government areas. This stay at home order is in place until 11:59pm on Friday the 30th of July after it was announced it would be extended further.
You must have a reasonable excuse to leave your home during this period. This may include:
- Obtaining food or other goods and services
- Exercise and take outdoor recreation in Greater Sydney
- Medical or caring reasons including obtaining the COVID-19 vaccination
- Attending a funeral
- Moving to a new place of residence or between your different places of residence
- Taking a holiday is not a reasonable excuse
For more reasonable excuses please go to https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney
When visiting any indoor areas of non-residential premises anywhere in NSW a mask must be worn. You must also wear a face mask when attending the following locations:
- at certain outdoor gatherings
- if you are on public transport
- in a major recreation facility such as a stadium or
- if you are working in a hospitality venue.
A person must not enter Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour without a reasonable excuse.
For further information relating to the current COVID-19 restrictions please go to https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/greater-sydney
OCK’s Covid Response
During the COVID-19 pandemic OCK has taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Our current measures in place to reduce the risk of spreading the virus includes:
- Staff working remotely whilst utilising electronic platforms to provide legal advice and assistance at short notice without any need to break lockdown restrictions.
- For new matters, our instruction sheets can be sent electronically and discussed over the phone or zoom to reduce any face-to-face contact at the office.
- Our Legal documents including Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianships can be promptly prepared and executed over zoom, removing any need to attend the office in person.
OCK has been assisting clients from the Northern Beaches for over 70 years and continues to do so during these unprecedented times. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions relating to our COVID-19 Response or are seeking legal assistance during this period.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this article is general and is not intended to be advice on any matter. It is for information only and is not legal advice. In the event of a legal problem, you should seek legal advice.
*This article has been updated to reflect the extended lockdown date.